Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Before--During--After

It was Sunday at 5:30 pm. When Bridget said she THOUGHT her water might have broken, I was skeptical (especially when Bridget sat down and had a bowl of chili!). But when we arrived at the hospital, and Bridget was dilated to a 5 and the nurse confirmed that her water had broken, I started to change my mind.


So we waited for eight hours. The epidural was a fiasco but managed to stop most of the pain. By the time the doctor arrived, the baby was already crowning. Bridget was such a good pusher, the doctor told her to only give half pushes or the baby would come flying across the room!


Anyway, Elliott K Nelson was born at 2:59 am on Monday, June 15, 2009. Weighing in at 8 lbs and 7 oz (which, according to all the nurses, makes him a "thick boy"), and measuring 21 inches long, we are so excited that he is here!

2 comments:

  1. So glad to see pictures! He is a hearty little fella. He has some really long looking legs too! You and baby Elliott are in our prayers constantly. We love you! Paige and Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS Bridget! I had no idead you had already had him. That is exciteing. I hope you guys are doing ok! Your little boy sure is a cutie. He looks so sweet. I hope he gets better.

    ReplyDelete