THE UGLY
Elliott's twelve-day stay in the NICU was something of an adventure. This picture is an example of the tortures the nurses and doctors called "therapy." He was in a baby tanning bed for his jaundice, so he got to wear these cool goggles. Let's just say he wasn't too happy about it. Check out the milk mustache on this guy!

Here is the nice IV they decided to put in his head after both IVs in his hands stopped working. Pretty sure he has a good bald spot from the tape.
THE BAD
Kip and I call this face "the medicine face." Since we give him a yucky-tasting medicine four times a day, this is how he responds (in a slightly amusing manner):
Kip's sleeping situation in the hospital was also amusing, considering his bed was about two feet too short. Who designed this thing anyway?
The only comfort Elliott found was in these bean bags with monkeys on them.
THE GOOD
Finally, Elliott came home from the hospital on June 26th. He is still on medicine and a little oxygen. Since Elliott and I can't go out much, we stay home and play dress up. Don't you love this moose hat? Thanks Lillian!
Because Elliott doesn't like being in his bed very much, we have the opportunity to hold him . . . for many hours of the night.
Oh, I want to hold him! We need to play. And you look gorgeous my sleep deprived mommy friend. :)
ReplyDeleteHe's such a handsome guy, and he's tough already from getting messed with so much those first couple of weeks! We're so glad he's doing better, and is at home! Hopefully we can see you guys soon!
ReplyDeleteWhat a stinking little cutie! I'm so glad to hear he's doing well!
ReplyDeleteWe miss you guys so much. Leighton said when looking at these pictures, "I need to see baby Elliott." I totally agree with him. He is such a beautiful sweet baby. We loved visiting you guys. I just wish we had gotten more pictures.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet, cute little boy! I a glad he is doing a little better and is able to be home. I hope yall are doing well and getting some rest. Glad your family was able to be with you.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful little boy! Nana says she sends big kisses for Elliott. She loves the pictures and teared up that she couldn't be there. Thanks for posting them with your few precious minutes of hands free time. We love you all!
ReplyDeletePaige, Nana, and Hailey
What a little trooper! He's really so cute. (And I'm glad that you guys like the hat, it looks so cute on him!)
ReplyDelete